tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: NEW JK2 JniClassLoader
Date Sun, 18 May 2003 06:34:52 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've attached the new JniClassLoader that is ment to replace the
> TomcatStarter.
> Since it doesn't depend on any external package it can be used inside
> the dirty VM (allready loaded in process, but not with us).
>
> It can even start the TC from command line, using the properties file,
> or each property can be set/add using JNI.
>
> Please review, since I plan to commit that along with the needed JK2's C
> side changes.
>
> MT.

+1, but I have few small comments:

- The name is _very_ confusing ( at least for me ). JniLoader or JkLoader
would be better, ClassLoader has a special meaning.

- Wouldn't be better to merge this with Bootstrap ( or actually merge
Bootstrap into this one - since Bootstrap is at a higher level ) ? Or at
least make sure the functionality provided in Bootstrap is present in
JkLoader ( i.e. creating the common/container classloaders - we can use
URLClassLoader directly ). Bootstrap can then extend JkLoader.
That's low priority - probably too much work and too little benefit, I just
wanted to mention it.

Costin