tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: setWrapper and getWrapper in ContainerServlet
Date Sun, 04 May 2003 07:40:55 GMT
Rajiv Mordani wrote:

> Well using o.a.catalina isn't really an option for most folks outside the
> tomcat community / commercial products that build on tomcat.. Can try
> putting it in server/lib and see if that works.

I think it will work, looking at the code.

> I do have jmxri in
> common/lib. Using the wrapper to see which applications are deployed.
> Something similar though not exactly as the manager webapp.

IMO we need to move jmx.jar from server/lib to common/lib, depreate
ContainerServlet and use JMX instead for access to the tomcat internals.
This provides fine control ( via java policy file ), is much cleaner.

BTW - if you only want to see deployed applications, you can do it
using only standard JMX and JSR77, no tomcat specific code. You still need
to move jmx.jar to common/lib.

Costin