tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: setWrapper and getWrapper in ContainerServlet
Date Sun, 04 May 2003 01:18:55 GMT
I think I see the problem - the test in
ServetWrapper.isContainerProvidedServlet() will try to load the servlet
class using the container loader..

You need to place the servlet in server/lib or name it o.a.catalina....
 I can see no other way. All our trusted servlets start with o.a.catalina,
that's why they work.

BTW, why do you need the wrapper ? In tomcat5 you can also access the
internals by using JMX - I think few methods have a "managedObject"
attribute. You can use non-priv webapp, but if sandbox is enabled you
need to add permissions for jmx access.
( make sure jmxri.jar or mx4j-jmx.jar are in common/lib, not in server/lib )

Costin