tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: jakarta-tomcat-connectors tag ?
Date Sat, 03 May 2003 16:24:08 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:

> From Costin Manolache
>> >
>> > Yes It does, and I'm +1 to keep the things as is for now,
>> documenting
>> > the change. The proposed tomcat-jni replacement would take
>> a week or
>> > so to develeop and test on all platforms and servers.
>>
>> Could you update the docs ? I haven't tested the JNI case.
>>

> Will do, but only for JK2, didn't test the jni on JK1, but that isn't
> affected AFAICT.

AFAIK Jk1 JNI never worked with tomcat4.x - last time I checked some
code was missing.

For 3.3 - there is still the jk1 in the 3.3 repo.

>> Let's move ahead and tag a JTC_1_3_M1 - in sync with 5.0.2 -
>> and we can get those enhancements and other fixes for the next build.
>>

> +1.
>
> Are we gonna make some releases?
> It's been awhile since the last one.

I'm trying to build one for the java code ( util, coyote, jk2, http11 ).
I don't know how far is Glenn with mod_jk1.

I think we should at least put a tag on mod_jk2 - I don't have the
time right now, but I think we need another release of it before 5.0.3

Costin