tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk 1.2 Apache 2 hook priorities
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 14:13:02 GMT
Glenn Nielsen wrote:

>> Before the release or after ?
>>
>> I know it changed few times, and it's not a trivial change.
>>

> I checked with cvs log and then grepped the cvs file on icarus
> for apache-2.0/mod_jk.c.  The priority of those hooks has never changed
> since mod_jk.c was first written for Apache 2.

Try looking in jk2 sources. The same change was made, and then rolled back.

>> +1 if you make the change after release, so it get more testing.
>> I'm close to -1 on making it a "last minute" change. If you really need
>> it, then we should delay the release of jk1.2 with few weeks.
>>

> I can wait for it to be in a subsequent release.  Or delay the release of
> mod_jk 1.2.3. mturk and I still have to resolve some issues with the
> Apache 2 logging between Windows and *nix.
>
> I have already branched the code, so I can make the change in CVS HEAD
> now.

Sounds good, +1

I have no problem with having the change in the release, just want to
be sure some more testing is done and we understand all implications
( I have no idea what went wrong in jk2 when the change was made, Mladen
could know more ).

Costin