tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Johannes Fiala" <tomcat-...@fwd.at>
Subject Re: why is the manager deploy command disabled...
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 10:28:31 GMT
Hi Remy,

Maybe it should be noted that /deploy is handled at doPut.
(btw, it does a PUT request :).

BTW - Who is responsible for the manager app? I thought about extending it
to an AXIS service and posted an outline how it could be working to the
Tomcat-userlist. It would be nice to have a server-side consistency-check
of the WAR file (using an MD5 attachment or a request parameter inside the
Url), so broken JARs etc. don't occur if the connection to the Tomcat
server is lousy.

Johannes

Remy Maucherat <remm@apache.org>
01.05.2003 08:31
Please respond to
"Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: why is the manager deploy command disabled...

John Cahill wrote:
> in Tomcat 4.1.24?
>
> in org.apache.catalina.servlets.ManagerServlet,
>
> at line 342, we find the comment...
> // Process the requested command (note - "/deploy" is not listed here)
>
> and indeed, there is no way for the deploy function to be called. This
> disables calls to the manager deploy function and results in the unknown

> command message returned to the user.
>
> Is there something wrong with the deploy function that caused the
> developer to disable the function?

deploy does a POST, not a GET.

Remy