tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Johannes Fiala" <tomcat-...@fwd.at>
Subject StandardHostDeployer.java - install routines
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 12:44:59 GMT
Hi there,

I've just detected that there are two different install() routines
available at StandardHostDeployer.java:

line 213:
    public synchronized void install(String contextPath, URL war)

line 345:
    public synchronized void install(URL config, URL war) throws
IOException {

Both routines get called from ManagerServlet.
line 553:
It seems ManagerServlet tries first to look up a file not named
context.xml, but <appname>.xml.
This is completely new to me. Does this mean one is able to submit an
unchanged <appname>.xml to the deployer?

At StandardHostDeployer.java, there is even more confusion located at line
345ff:
the install routine there uses only a Digester from apache.commons to
deploy a whole application. I don't understand why the two install
routines, which basically do the same act so differently here. This is
really confusing.

I know this is more a user-list question, but it seems to be too specific
to get answered there.

thx alot
Johannes