tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Johannes Fiala" <tomcat-...@fwd.at>
Subject Re: why is the manager deploy command disabled...
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 11:55:50 GMT
Hi Remy,

I'm currently using TC 4.1.24 in production, so I'd need the new features
with TC 4.1.24.
Does the manager app change a lot with TC 5? I'd prefer to write for TC
4.1.24 now (as this satisfies my production need) and then move up to TC
5.

If you don't want to bundle Axis, the various functions should move out of
the ManagerServlet into a separate lib which gets called from Axis or from
a servlet. I could do this for TC 4.1.24, as I need this anyway to allow
further enhancement.

If I change something in the original source files, how can I commit these
changes back into the main Tomcat application (and ensure they come up to
quality expectations of apache.org)?

thx alot
Johannes

Remy Maucherat <remm@apache.org>
01.05.2003 13:17
Please respond to
"Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: why is the manager deploy command disabled...

Johannes Fiala wrote:
> Hi Remy,
>
> Maybe it should be noted that /deploy is handled at doPut.
> (btw, it does a PUT request :).
>
> BTW - Who is responsible for the manager app? I thought about extending
it
> to an AXIS service and posted an outline how it could be working to the
> Tomcat-userlist. It would be nice to have a server-side
consistency-check
> of the WAR file (using an MD5 attachment or a request parameter inside
the
> Url), so broken JARs etc. don't occur if the connection to the Tomcat
> server is lousy.

Nobody is specifically responsible for the manager webapp, and we need
contributors. As far as new features addition, it will have to be in TC
5 (and be optional; we won't bundle Axis ;-) ).

If you want to expose more of the management layer, you could also help
improve the front end access to JMX (web services (?), etc).

Remy