tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <m...@filip.net>
Subject RE: Tomcat throws 302 errors over load - clustering test
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 17:55:01 GMT
> Yes I understand perfectly. However, my question should have been
> interpreted as what component returns the 302 (and why ?). Nothing in
> Tomcat 5 (AFAIK) returns a 302 (under load or not), so I'm worried.

this is tomcat 4.1.24, haven't started the load tests with Tomcat 5 yet.

>Well, what is it a redirect to?
I will find out, currently I need to run some other tests for a client.

> Ok, maybe. It looks like your LB is too threaded to be efficient, though.
> Personally, I would like to have a Java LB :)

once, I have stabilized all my test results, I will just create this LB
using java.nio and buffers, should be a piece of cake. However, since Java
doesn't give you the "RAW" option, the load balancer can be super smart, ie
it cant do round robin between requests on a keep alive connection for
example

> Using HTTP/1.0 is not a real world scenario nowdays IMO, and could put
> the Java program at a disadvantage.

well, let me correct that, I'm using jakarta-commons-httpclient, with the
setHttp11(false), otherwise I don't get true round robin since it uses keep
alive connections, hence I can't test session replication :)

I will let you know as soon as I have more test results and more data,
thanks for all responses.

Filip