tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Can Tomcat restrict concurrent threads of a servlet?
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 20:24:47 GMT

Howdy,
See SingleThreadModel:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/servlet/SingleThread
Model.html

However, STM is evil: search this list's archives for more details.

You may be better off delegating the resource-consuming functionality to
a non-servlet class.  Then in that class you can synchronize the
relevant methods / resources / do any number of other things to control
resource consumption.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

out-of-memory