tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin van Dijken" <mvdij...@madocke.nl>
Subject RE: Calling a generated JSP servlet directly
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 13:07:24 GMT
> - tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> - google
Hmm, guess I should consider that a hint?

> - wget (web page puller) + cron (schedule)
I'm aware of functionality such as simply opening a HttpUrlConnection or this wget you mention,
but this is explicitly NOT what I'm looking for. I want to be able to manipulate the request
Object sent into the JspServlet.

Also I need to bypass HttpSecurity and not run the risk of being stopped by firewalls and
everything. We've got a setup using java UrlConnection going for a while now and it simply
causes too many issues for our hosting partner.

Could it be fathomable that JSP would be used as a more general template language ala xslt
instead of purely for formatting web pages? Seems to me it has all the power or even more
than xslt in many cases. Of course some concepts of JSP aren't applicable in that case(session),
but there must be a way to bypass those...

Martin