tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Calling a generated JSP servlet directly
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 12:58:39 GMT
- tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
- google
- wget (web page puller) + cron (schedule)

-Tim

Martin van Dijken wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> We've been very busy creating good tag libraries and other tools to make creating JSP's
easy. This works so well in fact, that we'd like to use JSP's for generating other content
as well. For instance, we'd like to format the content of an HTML-newsmail using a JSP. The
formatted content would then be used to create the body of an email.

> So, the question arises how to use Tomcat to generate this content for us. Is there a
way to get Tomcat to do this for us, or would I have to build something like this? Can anybody
give me a pointer where to start?