tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5 CoyoteConnector.java
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 07:04:49 GMT
billbarker@apache.org wrote:
> billbarker    2003/05/21 20:43:37
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
>                         CoyoteConnector.java
>   Log:
>   Initial version of the proposal to pass-through all attributes to the protocolHandler,
and let it deal.

>   Now, only explictly configured attributes are passed through to the Protocol.  It is
the Protocol's responsibility to have the correct default attributes configured.  This way,
the HTTP/1.1 connector can default the value of "connectionTimeout" to one value, and the
Jk-Coyote connector can default it to another.

>   For now, I'm leaving the getters and setters for all of the different attributes, so
that they can still be seen from the JMX consol.  In the transistion, some of the values shown
may be wrong because of the paragraph above.

>   For now, I'm leaving in the SSL SocketFactory support (for backwards compatibility).
 It should be deprecated.  You can configure SSL support without it by e.g. specifying "property[keystore]=/path/to/my/.keystore"
on the connector.

I'm ok with leaving that in for compat.

For JMX, we need to expose get/setProperty as operations. Is that done
automagically ? (maybe so, I consider the Costin improved modeler to be
automagical ;-) )

Remy