tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rickard Öberg <rick...@dreambean.com>
Subject Re: Accessing Tomcat in JBoss
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 09:54:50 GMT
Rickard Öberg wrote:
> I'm developing a portlet container using JBoss/Tomcat. To do this I need
> to be able to access the deployed WAR's, and in order to do this I need
> to access the Tomcat instance (I think). The question is: how do I do
> this? The MBean that JBoss exposes for the embedded Tomcat instance does
> not have any methods to get to the underlying Embedded isntance, and I
> can't find any other way to do it (statics? JNDI?). If anyone have any
> idea how to accomplish this I would appreciate it a LOT!

Replying to my own post here... I managed to figure out how to access
the list of deployed apps from EmbeddedCatalina41.

 From that I have a StandardContext object which represents the WAR file
that has been deployed, which is great!

There is one more thing that would make it super-nice: is it somehow
possible to set the parent classloader of the WAR to be the
WebappClassLoader of another WAR? Specifically, my portlet container is
a WAR, and it would be great if I could somehow specify that as the
parent of all deployed portlet apps. I tried calling
context.setParentClassLoader() but that was not picked up by the
WebappClassLoader of that app. It seems as though the call was too late.

So, is there any way I can replace the current parent of
WebappClassLoader (which is a JBoss-loader) with my own loader? That
would be awesome!

regards,
   Rickard

--