tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Leyke <>
Subject Re: Fwd: FW: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/aolserver - New directory
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 21:30:11 GMT
>Subject: cvs commit:
>jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/aolserver - New directory
>Hi all,
>I've just committed the aolserver jk2 code donated from nsjk2.

>There are couple of things that has to be done in order to comply with
>the rest of webserver connectors.
>First is to get rid of logger (doesn't conceptually belongs to the
>connector), and the second are NIX makefiles.
1. I assume that by "logger" you refer to the Java classes and native C
implementation that target AOLserver-specific features. Decision has
been made to split it from the connector and maintain as separate
library on SourceForge site.

2. Why do I need NIX makefile with this module? I thought Makefile.ins
were needed for Apache modules only.

>I've added my own .dsp (although not fully tested).
>Current WIN32 build requires (like IIS connector) the APACHE2_HOME (any
>apache 2.0.43+ will do) for apr, apr-util, and pcreposix, JAVA_HOME plus
>TCL_HOME and AOL_HOME in order to build.
>Also there are some things regarding uri mapping that need to be solved,
I've got that on my to-do list as well.

>but that'll wait until some official aol release (perhaps 4.0) binaries
>are available.
Thanks for your help!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: