tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Re: mod_jk 1.2 Apache 2 hook priorities
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 14:06:28 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> Glenn Nielsen wrote:
>

>>Currently the Apache 2 mod_jk 1.2 name_translate hook is set to
>>APR_HOOK_FIRST,
>>and the handler hook is set to APR_HOOK_MIDDLE.  I found that this makes
>>mod_jk have precedence over some core modules such as mod_alias which has
>>its name_translate
>>configured at APR_HOOK_MIDDLE.  This can prevent an Alias config from
>>working for a virtual host which is using mod_jk.
>>
>>I would like to change the hook priority for both name_translate and the
>>handler
>>to APR_HOOK_LAST.  This will allow core modules to act upon the request
>>before
>>mod_jk does.  There should be no problem setting them to the same priority
>>since the handler always gets invoked after name translation has been
>>done.
>>
>>I saw this problem using JkAutoAlias.  It was taking priority over a
>>core apache Alias config directive.
>>
>>I have tested these changes and mod_jk seems to work fine.
>>
>>Does anyone know of a reason why this change couldn't be made?
>

> Before the release or after ?
>
> I know it changed few times, and it's not a trivial change.

I checked with cvs log and then grepped the cvs file on icarus
for apache-2.0/mod_jk.c.  The priority of those hooks has never changed
since mod_jk.c was first written for Apache 2.

> +1 if you make the change after release, so it get more testing.
> I'm close to -1 on making it a "last minute" change. If you really need it,
> then we should delay the release of jk1.2 with few weeks.

I can wait for it to be in a subsequent release.  Or delay the release of mod_jk 1.2.3.
mturk and I still have to resolve some issues with the Apache 2 logging between Windows and
*nix.

I have already branched the code, so I can make the change in CVS HEAD now.

Regards,

Glenn