tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: why is the manager deploy command disabled...
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 11:17:30 GMT
Johannes Fiala wrote:
> Hi Remy,
>
> Maybe it should be noted that /deploy is handled at doPut.
> (btw, it does a PUT request :).
>
> BTW - Who is responsible for the manager app? I thought about extending it
> to an AXIS service and posted an outline how it could be working to the
> Tomcat-userlist. It would be nice to have a server-side consistency-check
> of the WAR file (using an MD5 attachment or a request parameter inside the
> Url), so broken JARs etc. don't occur if the connection to the Tomcat
> server is lousy.

Nobody is specifically responsible for the manager webapp, and we need
contributors. As far as new features addition, it will have to be in TC
5 (and be optional; we won't bundle Axis ;-) ).

If you want to expose more of the management layer, you could also help
improve the front end access to JMX (web services (?), etc).

Remy