tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5 CoyoteConnector.java
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 07:59:48 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 12:04 AM
Subject: Re: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
CoyoteConnector.java

> billbarker@apache.org wrote:
> > billbarker    2003/05/21 20:43:37
> >
> >   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
> >                         CoyoteConnector.java
> >   Log:
> >   Initial version of the proposal to pass-through all attributes to the
protocolHandler, and let it deal.

> >   Now, only explictly configured attributes are passed through to the
Protocol.  It is the Protocol's responsibility to have the correct default
attributes configured.  This way, the HTTP/1.1 connector can default the
value of "connectionTimeout" to one value, and the Jk-Coyote connector can
default it to another.

> >   For now, I'm leaving the getters and setters for all of the different
attributes, so that they can still be seen from the JMX consol.  In the
transistion, some of the values shown may be wrong because of the paragraph
above.

> >   For now, I'm leaving in the SSL SocketFactory support (for backwards
compatibility).  It should be deprecated.  You can configure SSL support
without it by e.g. specifying "property[keystore]=/path/to/my/.keystore" on
the connector.

> I'm ok with leaving that in for compat.
>
> For JMX, we need to expose get/setProperty as operations. Is that done
> automagically ? (maybe so, I consider the Costin improved modeler to be
> automagical ;-) )

You convinced my to commit my work-in-progress.  Looking into what Modeler
does was the next thing on my to-do list for this.  At the moment, it can't
possibly look any different to Modeler than it did before (well, except for
the lying :).  I was counting on Costin's automagical support as well, but
wanted to verify it before I nuke a couple of hundred lines out of the file
:).