tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Chapman" <andrew.chap...@clicktools.com>
Subject RE: tomcat always generates charset in Content-Type http header
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 13:54:32 GMT
Yes the response is the HttpServletResponse parameter of the doGet/Put
method.

Look at the servlet code generated by Tomcat for your JSP and you'll see
all the variables that are available in the _jspService() method.

If you're new to Servlets and JSPs there's a lot of good reference
material available including Jason Hunter's book "Java Servlet
Programming".

____________________________________
clicktools
T: +44 1202 317755
4 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road
Bournemouth, Dorset, BH8 8JN

-----Original Message-----
From: Roberto Nunnari [mailto:nunnari@die.supsi.ch]
Sent: 06 May 2003 13:16
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: Re: tomcat always generates charset in Content-Type http header

Thank you very much, Andy.

Your answer really solved my problem! I just had to remove the ';'
character after 'text/xml' as follows

<%response.setContentType("text/xml");%>

because the interested client would not tolerate even that!!

Anyways, is the response object above the generated servlet
HttpServletRequest doGet/doPut method paramenter?

Where can I get a list of the objects names I can use that way in a jsp
page?

Thanks again, Andy.

Best regards.

--