tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core ApplicationHttpRequest.java
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 00:22:13 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <remm@apache.org>
To: <jakarta-tomcat-catalina-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 5:02 AM
Subject: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core
ApplicationHttpRequest.java

> remm        2003/05/26 05:02:31
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core
>                         ApplicationHttpRequest.java
>   Log:
>   - Optimize the dispatcher request based on the belief that wrapping is
only
>     needed for the special attributes. For example, a good alternate
>     implementation would be to set them, invoke the dispatcher, and then
remove
>     them. Implementing the parameters isolation is obviously a bit
difficult
>     without wrapping, so IMO is not worth it. The current implementation,
>     however, was very inefficient as it was doing a full merge of the
attributes
>     (for no good reason IMO).
>   - I did not have the time to thoroughly test the patch. If it causes
problems
>     which cannot be resolved, it can be reverted easily (the optimization
is not
>     dependent on changes on another class).
>   - Pooling the wrapper instances (in a TL field in the request
dispatcher) does not
>     seem worth it.

This spec is a bit fuzzy on this, but I actually rather liked the previous
behavior where you can't pass Request attributes back to the calling page.
Without clarification from the spec team, I'm -0 on this.