tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat + Java Env. (newbie)
Date Sun, 11 May 2003 07:16:11 GMT
The simplified version is:  TC 4.x/5.x won't run on J2ME.  TC 3.3.x may or
may not run on J2ME (were I to volunteer as RM for 3.3.2,  running on J2ME
would be a requirement :).

Costin is simply saying that he has tested TC 3.3.x on other JVMs on his PDA
that act a lot like J2ME.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerald Powel" <geraldpowel@yahoo.co.uk>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2003 9:16 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat + Java Env. (newbie)

> Hi,    Thanks for that. Although I understood about 20% of it (the
English). Can anyone offer an answer to my (what I thought simple) question,
that I might understand?  Terminology I didn't understand: "reduce it to cvm
+ foundation", "run it on a zaurus", "kaffe", "a smaller footprint",
"natively compiled with gcj", "the minimal set of interceptors you need", "I
got it to about 0.8M". As you can see, much of the reply! When I posted this
question, I thought I was half intelligent, now I am not too sure. (original
posting enclosed). thanks for any input G.

> Costin Manolache <cmanolache@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Jerald Powel wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > A relatively easy question for most, not for such a beginner like
myself. Can Tomcat be installed (and run) on the J2ME environment, and
likewise the J2EE env. ? Is it simply a question of downloading the
appropriate installation of TC, and installing it on top of the desired JVM?