tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@inet.hr>
Subject RE: FW: mod_jk 1.2 Apache 2 hook priorities
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 18:22:19 GMT

> From: Glenn Nielsen
>
> Thanks for the explanation below about how it could impact
> use of index.jsp as a DirectoryIndex.  I will not commit the
> change at this time.  This will require some more thought on
> how to get the Alias config to work with mod_jk.

Actually I've tested all that using HOOK_MIDDLE, and it works (didn't
for 2.0.39).

I've made a patch few months ago that used HOOK_MIDDLE (for jk2), but it
didn't worked.
The explanation I gave was why it was reverted.
The Apache API says: "Modules that don't care when they are run should
use HOOK_MIDDLE".

The question is are we really 'care'. This will need more tests, so IMO
it should go to
1.2.4-dev.

MT.