tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@apache.org>
Subject FW: mod_jk 1.2 Apache 2 hook priorities
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 15:40:32 GMT
Sh*t, hit the wrong account again ;).

-----Original Message-----
From: Mladen Turk
Sent: 1. svibanj 2003 17:31
To: 'Tomcat Developers List'
Subject: RE: mod_jk 1.2 Apache 2 hook priorities

> On Behalf Of Costin Manolache
> Sent: 1. svibanj 2003 16:13
> To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: mod_jk 1.2 Apache 2 hook priorities
>

> > I can wait for it to be in a subsequent release.  Or delay
> the release
> > of mod_jk 1.2.3. mturk and I still have to resolve some issues with
> > the Apache 2 logging between Windows and *nix.

Just added the log cleanup, that shuld mark log as closed when the pool
is gone.
Glenn, could you check that now?

> I have no problem with having the change in the release, just want to
> be sure some more testing is done and we understand all
> implications ( I have no idea what went wrong in jk2 when the
> change was made, Mladen could know more ).

The problem was with internal redirects, not serving jsp files in the
Apache directory tree.
Look at the mod_proxy and mod_rewrite. They all use the HOOK_FIRST for
the same reason as we
do. Since we are not dealing with the file system, the famous file_walk
didn't run, so we need
ensure that we are run before mod_dir.

The easiest way to check if the mod_jk (and mod_jk2) hook order change
from HOOK_FIRST to HOOK_MIDDLE would break something is to set the
DirectoryIndex to include the jsp page (look at the bug 10789). Perhaps
Apache now deals with hooks differently.

MT.