tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject [Patch] Coyote losing parameters across form login (was Re: Connector issues)
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 17:50:47 GMT
here is the code, please review
3 of them are patches for existing source code.  test.zip (.txt, I
couldn't remember if the mailing list strips off zip files) is a new
junit TestCase to test my stuff in Parameters.java.  I propose that be
put in j-t-c/util/test, unless there is a better place.  I don't know if
there is a better way to submit a new directory via CVS since I cannot
"diff -u" it.

CoyoteRequest.java and Request.java fixes are very straightforward,
just doing the same sort of thing that is done in the rest of the code.
Parameters.java is where I took an already existing (private) method,
made a copy of it, renamed and made the copy public, and then adapted it
to work with multi-valued parameters.

This seems to do the job correctly.

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com

>>> cmanolache@yahoo.com 4/2/03 8:57:09 PM >>>
Sorry for the delay.

IMO the right solution is to fix #10229 for coyote.

There are a lot of problems in the old connectors - even if mod_jk2
is not yet as stable as mod_jk1, the java side and coyote are far
better than the old impl.

I'm +0 on fixing the MBean exception - AFAIK upgrading commons-modeler
should fix most of the problems with undeclared mbeans. The real
problem
is that the Ajp13Connector has a lot of problems and it's no longer
supported - all work is on the coyote connector, I don't know anyone
testing or supporting Ajp13.

Costin

Jeff Tulley wrote:

> There are some real problems with the Coyote Connectors right now.
> The main problem biting me (and a few others recently) is bugzilla
bug
> # 10229 - form parameters not being preserved across a login
> redirection.
> The answer given on the user list (by me also) is typically, "Use an
> non-Coyote connector".  Unfortunately that is not a good answer.
> If they move back to the deprecated AJP13Connector, they will
> experience MBean exceptions that, among other things, make the
Tomcat