tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject Connector issues
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:12:32 GMT
There are some real problems with the Coyote Connectors right now.
The main problem biting me (and a few others recently) is bugzilla bug
# 10229 - form parameters not being preserved across a login
redirection.
The answer given on the user list (by me also) is typically, "Use an
non-Coyote connector".  Unfortunately that is not a good answer.
If they move back to the deprecated AJP13Connector, they will
experience MBean exceptions that, among other things, make the Tomcat
shutdown not function correctly.
Beyond that they are stuck with not using a webserver plugin and
instead going directly to an HTTP connector (non-Coyote).

I would propose two things:
1) Fix the MBean exception in the Ajp13Connector.  I can provide a
patch for this, it is very simple.  Even though this is deprecated, the
reality is that people might need to use it due to bugs and/or
unimplemented features in the Coyote connectors.  It may be their only
choice, and if we can make it work easily, why not?
2) Fix this form authentication problem in the Coyote connector.  I
will look into this and see if it is something that I can do and submit
a patch for.

I actually have similar issues with the native side connector story but
that is for another day.

Anybody know off hand what needs to happen for item #2 above?

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com