tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: default JAAS realm for StandardEngine
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 17:04:14 GMT
Ok, I tested the MemoryUserRealm with embed - and it still works fine,
at least at engine level.

I'll test it in standalone as well, and add some extra fixes to make
sure in JMX mode the order is not significant ( i.e. you can define the
realm mbean before or after context/host/engine - right now it has to be
after ).

If MemoryRealm works - probably the UserDatabaseRealm will work too,
except that JNDI settup is not implemented yet in embed ( I assume the
embedding app will deal with the JNDI ).

I'll try to take a look at the code that handles the UI for user management,
one mbean/user is not supported by any realm ( except the memory one ),
doesn't scale and it should be deprecated ( or even removed ) in 5.0 ( if we
managed to change the /admin code ). It would be far better to add methods
to add users/change user attributes in the JDBC/LDAP modules.

Costin