tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: Connector issues
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 03:57:09 GMT
Sorry for the delay.

IMO the right solution is to fix #10229 for coyote.

There are a lot of problems in the old connectors - even if mod_jk2
is not yet as stable as mod_jk1, the java side and coyote are far
better than the old impl.

I'm +0 on fixing the MBean exception - AFAIK upgrading commons-modeler
should fix most of the problems with undeclared mbeans. The real problem
is that the Ajp13Connector has a lot of problems and it's no longer
supported - all work is on the coyote connector, I don't know anyone
testing or supporting Ajp13.

Jeff Tulley wrote:

> There are some real problems with the Coyote Connectors right now.
> The main problem biting me (and a few others recently) is bugzilla bug
> # 10229 - form parameters not being preserved across a login
> redirection.
> The answer given on the user list (by me also) is typically, "Use an
> non-Coyote connector".  Unfortunately that is not a good answer.
> If they move back to the deprecated AJP13Connector, they will
> experience MBean exceptions that, among other things, make the Tomcat
> shutdown not function correctly.
> Beyond that they are stuck with not using a webserver plugin and
> instead going directly to an HTTP connector (non-Coyote).
> I would propose two things:
> 1) Fix the MBean exception in the Ajp13Connector.  I can provide a
> patch for this, it is very simple.  Even though this is deprecated, the
> reality is that people might need to use it due to bugs and/or
> unimplemented features in the Coyote connectors.  It may be their only
> choice, and if we can make it work easily, why not?
> 2) Fix this form authentication problem in the Coyote connector.  I
> will look into this and see if it is something that I can do and submit
> a patch for.
> I actually have similar issues with the native side connector story but
> that is for another day.
> Anybody know off hand what needs to happen for item #2 above?
> Jeff Tulley  (
> (801)861-5322
> Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message