tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: disable jmx option in tc5
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 18:15:46 GMT
Amy Roh wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, is there a simple way to disable jmx in tc5 other
> than changing tomcat code to avoid registration/unregistration manually
> which won't be trivial.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to do this ?

The whole point of using ( and requiring ) JMX is to simplify the
model. I know that right now it doesn't look simpler, especially since
some pieces are broken - but things are getting consistent and at least
in my opinion they'll be much simpler in the end.

A lot of the complexity in the current JMX stuff is related with the
2 config models - we need to support server.xml and direct API calls for
backward compat.

Costin