tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Klosa" <uwe.kl...@ub.uu.se>
Subject digest authentication!
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 12:12:39 GMT
Hi,

I've already written this question to the user list by I haven't got any
answer. Perhaps do one of you know the answer to my problem:

I've set up BASIC authentication without any problem in my application. When
I want to change to DIGEST authentication, it doesn't work at all. I'm
getting a window where I can log in, but the authentication does always
fail.

I have got the following in my web.xml:

<security-constraint>
	<web-resource-collection>
		<web-resource-name>Test</web-resource-name>
			<url-pattern>/servlet/myServlet</url-pattern>
	</web-resource-collection>
	<auth-constraint>
		<role-name>admin</role-name>
	</auth-constraint>
	<user-data-constraint>
		<transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
	</user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>
<login-config>
	<auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
	<realm-name>myRealm</realm-name>
</login-config>
<security-role>
	<role-name>admin</role-name>
</security-role>

The following do I have in the server.xml:

<Context path="" docBase="/var/www/html" debug="0" reloadable="true">
	<Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" debug="0"
verbosity="1" prefix="root_log." directory="logs" timestamp="true"
suffix=".txt"/>
	<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm" debug="0"
digest="MD5" pathname="/etc/tomcat4/tomcat-users.xml"/>
</Context>

I have deleted the global memoryRealm. I changed the passwords in the
tomcat-users.xml to their MD5 representation. I've followed the how-to in
the tomcat documentation. But perhaps is here there problem?

Has anyone implemented the digest authentication? Where did I something
wrong?

Best regards
Uwe