tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <fi...@filip.net>
Subject StandardContext - web.xml not setting parameters in time
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2003 02:42:45 GMT
I modified the StandardContext to respect the <distributable/> flag in
web.xml but I am running into problems with the WebRuleSet.
The StandardContext is "started" ie the start() method is called, before the
setDistributable(true) is called. Hence a context will not be replicated,
because the flag wasn't set.

How would I go about setting this parameter earlier, before the context is
started so that the context can get the correct manager put in place.

With the new spec the web.xml can contain a <distributable/> element meaning
that we can replicate the sessions in the request. If this element is
missing, means that we are not gonna replicate it, hence I need to know. I
can work around this, but I would prefer to not and rather fix the order of
when the "setDistributable" is called

thanks in advance
Filip