tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Halstead, Chris" <Chris.Halst...@delta.com>
Subject Threads and Coyote/HTTP1.1
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 20:26:27 GMT
I have a question after looking at some Tomcat 4.1.24 thread dumps (Solaris, JDK 1.4):

No matter what I set minProcessors to in server.xml the Coyote/HTTP1.1 connector does not
seem to create processors to meet the minimum.  Instead it seems to create 3 + 1 socket listener
(even if I set minProcessors to 1).  Is this intended behavior?  Are Coyote processors not
bound to threads like the old HTTP1.1 connector processors?  I see in o.a.t.u.threads.ThreadPool
that Min_Spare_Threads defaults to 4...I'm assuming that this is the minimum that is at play
here.

Also, I notice that the threads are not being named like they are in the HTTP1.1 connector.
 Any plans to change that?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up...

-chris