tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Why commons-logging-api.jar?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:00:12 GMT

After downloading Tomcat 3.3.1a, I could not find any log4j related
jar files.

Regardless, for Tomcat 4.x which has a non-delegating class loader
model, what can be the technical reason for putting
commons-logging-api.jar in commons/lib/?

Especially in light of numerous problems with unfound factories,
incompatible classes, unimplemented methods, ... all of which are
class loader related.

I am stumped.