tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject mod_jk 1.2 Apache 2 hook priorities
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 04:20:33 GMT
Currently the Apache 2 mod_jk 1.2 name_translate hook is set to APR_HOOK_FIRST,
and the handler hook is set to APR_HOOK_MIDDLE.  I found that this makes mod_jk
have precedence over some core modules such as mod_alias which has its name_translate
configured at APR_HOOK_MIDDLE.  This can prevent an Alias config from working for
a virtual host which is using mod_jk.

I would like to change the hook priority for both name_translate and the handler
to APR_HOOK_LAST.  This will allow core modules to act upon the request before
mod_jk does.  There should be no problem setting them to the same priority since
the handler always gets invoked after name translation has been done.

I saw this problem using JkAutoAlias.  It was taking priority over a
core apache Alias config directive.

I have tested these changes and mod_jk seems to work fine.

Does anyone know of a reason why this change couldn't be made?

Thanks,

Glenn