tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: [4.1] Backport fix for 6058
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:33:24 GMT
Glenn Nielsen wrote:
> I am OK with this. Anything that reduces the number of bug reports!
> We will need a big note with the new release stating that
> all java source and compiled classes in the work dir for JSP's will need to
> be removed when upgrading.

Well, actually, that should be ok. Since Jasper won't be able to find
classes, it will just recompile them. There could be problems with IDE
(Netbeans), but otherwise, it should only improve things.
Meybe I didn't consider every situation, though.

> Another related bug for IDE users is the following bug report:
> We may want to apply the suggested patch which allows an attribute to
> StandardServer to disable System.out and System.err redirection.

That makes sense.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message