tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Amy Roh <amy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TC5 JMX domain engine issue
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 23:48:53 GMT

Costin Manolache wrote:
> Amy Roh wrote:
>

>>I don't know about having _all_ names in the same domain.  However,
>>webmodules and servlets should be under the same domain as the
>>J2EEServer who's responsible for its deployment.
>

> Ok. As long as they are not _required_ to be in the same domain with
> the servlet engine internal components.
>
> It makes sense - if we consider that in this case the j2ee server is
> actually responsible for the webapps ( deployment, lifecycle ).
>

>>>If this is the case - the only option is to treat tomcat as a separate
>>>entity, in a separate domain from the webapps.
>>>
>>>We have 3 options:
>>>- Webapps registered once, in the jsr77Domain. Tomcat will listen for
>>>events and register them, but nothing else ( i.e. no contexts in the
>>>tomcat domain)
>>
>>+1.  We can keep context mbeans under tomcat domain in tomcat standalone
>>case - keep it the way it is?
>

> Ok.
>
> Are you already working on this ? I can try a quick fix, it shouldn't be
> very difficult. ( probably this evening or tommorow night ).

OK.  So we'll add get/setDomain for StandardContext to set j2eeDomain if
it's in j2ee container and add "engineName" so it knows which engine,
correct?  Since servlets use context's domain, I don't think we need
domain change code there.

I can revert the admin changes so it's working once again ;-).

Thanks,
Amy