tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Leyke <AlexLey...@cs.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: RE: RE: AOLserver/Tomcat
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:30:52 GMT

Yes, using Configuration section out of
http://www.aolserver.com/docs/nsjk2.pdf as basis.

> > My
> > understanding (please correct if this is wrong), is
> > RegisterNatives is
> > an alternative to lazy registration by the JVM, but still
> > would require
> > a prior loadLibrary call.
> >

> No, you call register natives, after the JVM is loaded, but since those
> *.java files are not mandatory, we don't need to change the
> jk_jni_aprImpl.c, to register natives with those classes.
> But still a good practice would be to make different things different,
> not mixing core and optional stuff, but that's my point of view. So IMO
> the TC connector should be only the TC connector, not an optional logger
> or something like that.

Hmm... We'll discuss decoupling. The awkward point - these features are
very much servlet-oriented, and servlet stuff is hosted on
Jakarta/Apache site, while AOLserver modules are hosted on SourceForge site.

> We have a problem that the jni worker is the egoistic one, assuming it
> is the only jvm app in the server, but that will eventually get fixed,
> allowing existence of other java modules in the same process.

Would be very cool. There is a generic Java module for AOLserver which
may be problematic for some people to run in conjunction with nsjk2 for
that precise reason.

> MT.

Thanks!