tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Amy Roh <amy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [5.0.2] New tag at the end of the week ?
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:53:26 GMT

Costin Manolache wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>

>>Amy Roh wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Remy, Is the NPE in Mapper fixed with your commit?  I can't reproduce
>>>it. Thanks,Amy
>>
>>Yes, it is fixed.
>

> I get some NPEs in embeded.

Can you tell me where?

> I noticed the Engine now has a name.
>
> I was thinking that each Engine will have its own domain - i.e. the
> name of the engine will be the same with the domain. We can add a name
> attribute, but we still need to keep each engine in its own domain.

Why is there a need to keep each engine in its own domain *only*?
Currently, you can keep each engine in its own domain by setting its
domain with engine's name and also have multiple engines under one
domain if you set it to share one domain.  It's upto how you use
setDomain().  The default way (if you don't set domain explicitly) is to
use engine's name for its domain.

> Amy - do you mind if I change that ? Are you using it ?

Yes.  I need to have a way to have multiple engines per one domain.  The
reason for adding "name" attribute was to do so.  You can still achieve
the previous behavior by not setting domain so I don't see why you need
to change?  Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Amy