tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Amy Roh <amy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: default JAAS realm for StandardEngine
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 23:26:09 GMT

Costin Manolache wrote:
> Amy Roh wrote:
>

>>What's the background for StandardEngine returning JAAS realm by default
>>when its realm is null?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Amy
>

> Speaking of auth: how difficult would it be to change the user management
> part in /admin to use a different model.
>
> Instead of one mbean per user - which is extremely inefficient and can't
> scale - it would be one mbean for the entire realm. It can have a method
> to return the list of user names, and one to return attributes for
> an individual user. Or something like that.

Not sure.  I know it won't be trivial.  As you probably know, user,
group, role mbeans are implemented in mbeans directory using User,
Group, Role interfaces in o.a.c.  Craig worked on those.

Well, since JAASRealm is set as default Realm for engine, it gets added
when an engine is created via admin.  JAASRealm isn't currently
supported in admin.  What are the editable properties for the realm?

Thanks,
Amy