tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Patch] Coyote losing parameters across form login (was Re: Connectorissues)
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 19:42:41 GMT
Jeff Tulley wrote:
> One more try, all files as .txt  What is the best way to send a .zip
> file?
> Actually, I've attached the file that was in the zip as
> AddParametersTest.java  It should go in
> j-t-c/util/test/org/apache/tomcat/util/http   Nothing from /test down
> currently exists in the util dir.
>
> It looks like my previous submissions on this list also did not show
> up.  I should have checked more carefully.
>
> I've also attached my patch for the minor type in SoTask.java
>
> Sorry for the mess.

Ok, well, I get a chance to review the patch. I don't like it, as it
forces some hacks needed for FORM auth (which, FYI, I've always
considered to be a bad hack) down the path to the cleaner Coyote objects.
I think the patch will need some rework to avoid polluting the API (ie,
the "dirty" code needs to stay in the "facade" - aka, CoyoteRequest).

Remy