tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject [4.1.x] Next release
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 09:37:57 GMT
Hi,

As far as I am concerned, the focus for the next stable 4.1.x release
will be on small fixes. I do not want to introduce new features or
changes which would affect Tomcat's behavior. I think the ETA for that
next stable release could be within one to two months.

So I would need to compile a list of issues which should be fixed in the
next release.

As a starting point:
- Fix HTTP compression check (I think a small refactoring is needed to
make the feature cleaner).
- Fix FORM processing for more complex requests (bug 10229).
- Error message when the Java compiler is not found by Ant (if this is
fixable; Costin ?).
- Double wrapping of session objects.

I'm waiting for some input to fill up the list. Note that for low
priority bugs, a patch will be required. The patch would need to:
- have a low impact
- be of good quality (no performance/scalability impact, clean code)

Thanks,
Remy