tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Patch] mbeans-descriptors.xml (was Re: Connector issues)
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 18:08:30 GMT
Jeff Tulley wrote:
> Here is the patch for the Ajp13Connector.
>
> The one caveat is that this patch allows Tomcat to startup and shutdown
> without MBean exceptions, but the Tomcat Admin application still will
> not work with this connector enabled.  That is, the admin app functions,
> but do not click on "Connector" in the application, since it is looking
> for a Coyote connector and does not find the getters and setters it is
> looking for.  When I tried it, I clicked on "Connector" first and it
> seemed like I couldn't get anything else to work after that.  If I
> clicked on something else first ("Host", for instance), then clicked on
> "Connector" I got the error but the rest of the admin application worked
> fine.

It's not a good idea to imply that the old AJP connector is to be used.
It is slow and unreliable, and will not work with Tomcat 5.
Also, it is not compatible with the admin webapp, and the MBean
descriptor is only used in conjunction with the admin webapp in Tomcat,
so adding the AJP connector there will only lead to problems later.

Remy