tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Jess M. Holle" <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Connector issues
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:18:07 GMT
Jeff Tulley wrote:

>There are some real problems with the Coyote Connectors right now.
>The main problem biting me (and a few others recently) is bugzilla bug
># 10229 - form parameters not being preserved across a login
>redirection.
>The answer given on the user list (by me also) is typically, "Use an
>non-Coyote connector".  Unfortunately that is not a good answer.
>If they move back to the deprecated AJP13Connector, they will
>experience MBean exceptions that, among other things, make the Tomcat
>shutdown not function correctly.
>Beyond that they are stuck with not using a webserver plugin and
>instead going directly to an HTTP connector (non-Coyote).
>
>I would propose two things:
>1) Fix the MBean exception in the Ajp13Connector.  I can provide a
>patch for this, it is very simple.  Even though this is deprecated, the
>reality is that people might need to use it due to bugs and/or
>unimplemented features in the Coyote connectors.  It may be their only
>choice, and if we can make it work easily, why not?

I would be interested in the patch to this.  I have no issues with the
Coyote connector at the moment -- but I would like to see the fallback
(i.e. Ajp13Connector) in a more functional state.

>2) Fix this form authentication problem in the Coyote connector.  I
>will look into this and see if it is something that I can do and submit
>a patch for.
>
>I actually have similar issues with the native side connector story but
>that is for another day.

I was under the impression that mod_jk2 was "not production ready" by
most measures -- and that mod_jk was good enough for most purposes (and
quite production ready)...

--
Jess Holle