tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.24 issues with OpenEJB integration
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:19:41 GMT
We've been getting bug reports on OpenEJB 0.9.1 + Tomcat 4.1.24.  Seems
the 4.1.24 release breaks our current integration strategy.  If we could
put our heads together to figure out how this might be resolved that would
be great.

On OpenEJB's end, we have a webapp that loads on startup and performs the
integration, which is simply to find the OpenEJB installation, add the
required libraries to the Tomcat Common classloader via a few invocations
(via reflection) on
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepository.  This works
on all the Tomcat 4.x releases up to 4.1.24.

Here is part of the stack trace that people are getting.

ServerLifecycleListener: processContainerAddChild: Throwable
java.security.AccessControlException: Access denied
(mx4j.server.MBeanTrustPermission register): MBean class
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.StandardContextMBean is not trusted for
registration
        at
mx4j.server.interceptor.SecurityMBeanServerInterceptor.checkTrustRegistration(SecurityMBeanServerInterceptor.java:156)
        at
mx4j.server.interceptor.SecurityMBeanServerInterceptor.registration(SecurityMBeanServerInterceptor.java:116)

The full stack trace is here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/openejb-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00694.html

Any ideas on what changed?

-David