tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanth S <>
Subject Help on mod_jk for tomcat 4.0.x + httpd 2.0.40 on RedHat 8.0
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 23:32:26 GMT
 I have a Redhat 8.0 machine runnin apache 2.0.40 (rpm
-ivh httpd-2.040, i have the httpd-devel 2.0.40 too)
and tomcat 4.0.6. I was trying to compile
jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.0-src for getting module to integrate the above two server. I
am failing in every attempt. anyone pls help me out of
this situation, as i have to get my system configured
as soon as possible. the following are what i have
in jakarta-tomcat-connectors.src/jk/native/:
#> ./
#> ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs
--with-java-home=${JAVA_HOME} --with-jni --enable-EAPI
(all the paths are correct)
   -- in this i get a mesg, saying that no apache
#> make
  -- after a while of running, it goes in to the
src/jk/native/apache-2.0 directory and tries running
the make command. here it gives an error:
gcc: mod_jk.lo: No such file or directory
gcc: unrecognized option `-rpath'
make[1]: [] Error 1 (ignored)
mode=install cp `pwd`/
cp: cannot stat `': No such file or directory
make[1]: [] Error 1 (ignored)
make[1]: Leaving directory

after this, i try to find the file in the
apache-2.0 directory, but its not there obviously. pls
help me out. Thanks in advance.

Prasanth S.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail: