tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Kin-Man Chung <Kin-Man.Ch...@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler SmapUtil.java
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:47:47 GMT
Source maps are generated after sucessful compilations, so it won't help
producing better error messages during compilation.  But it will help IDE's
to enable debugging JSP pages on the source level.  I have make some
some improvements in producing better JSP to Java line mappings.  For
instance, scriptlet lines are now mapped to Java lines, line for line,
instead of just the beginning line.

Producing good error messages during compilation still needs to be done
on a cases by case basis.  Are there specific areas that you see need
improving?

Kin-man

> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:19:28 +0200
> From: Remy Maucherat <remm@apache.org>
> Subject: Re: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler SmapUtil.java