tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Bertos Matilla <fber...@axesor.es>
Subject Client Certificate Authentication
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 16:42:48 GMT

Hi,

I'd like configure my Tomcat Server for accepting client certificates issued
by a CA, p. e Verisign, but I don´t want to add each user in my
tomcat-users.xml. I'd like to have a "generic" user for authenticating all
the user from the CA.

I've configured my server for accepting client certificates, but I have to
add each user to the file. It's horrible!!

Does anyone know how to do it??

I would know if the Tomcat client certificate authentication manage the
revoked certificates, etc, or it's a job for the developer.

Thanks.

Regards.

  _____

Fernando Bertos Matilla

Axesor (Grupo Infotel)
Dpto. Tecnología
Parque empresarial San Isidro
Ctra. Granada-Armilla S/N. Edificio Axesor
18006 Armilla, Granada (España)
Telf. 902 10 10 53 - 958 75 04 72

E-mail:  <mailto:fbertos@infotel.es> mailto:fbertos@axesor.es
Internet:  <http://www.axesor.es/> http://www.axesor.es