tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "David Thielen" <d...@thielen.com>
Subject JSP won't work unless have package in taglib .java file
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 22:25:08 GMT
Hi;

If I have a tld object (ie TemplateDesc.java) with no project and place it
in WEB-INF/classes - it won't work. But if I give it a package name and
place it in WEB-INF/classes/package - then it works.

The problem seems to be that with no package it generates the code:
    TemplateDesc _jspx_th_tl_TP_0 = (TemplateDesc)
_jspx_tagPool_tl_TP.get(com.windwardreports.TemplateDesc.class);

but with the package it generates:
    com.windwardreports.TemplateDesc _jspx_th_tl_TP_0 =
(com.windwardreports.TemplateDesc)
_jspx_tagPool_tl_TP.get(com.windwardreports.TemplateDesc.class);

which makes sense. But why can it find it as part of a package but not with
no package?

thanks - dave