tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/util StringManager.java
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 05:39:40 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <costin@apache.org>
To: <jakarta-tomcat-catalina-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 9:29 PM
Subject: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/util
StringManager.java

> costin      2003/04/08 21:29:56
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/util
>                         StringManager.java
>   Log:
>   The /manager was broken for me, couldn't find the resource bundle. That
>   was because StringManager was in the server class loader, and the
>   resources inside the manager webapp - and ResourceBundle uses the
>   loader of the caller.
>
>   Now it will try the thread loader if the first one fails.

With a little luck (or a little more work :), this may fix one of the
ugliest parts of TC3.3.x/Coyote (where it creates the resources jar just for
this reason).  If this works out, I'd like to back-port this to coyote_10.