tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Amy Roh" <amy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mappingObject for j2eeType=WebModule
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:14:40 GMT
> Amy Roh wrote:
>
> >> In standalone, they are loaded from MBeanUtils.createRegistry() -
> >> for StandardContext the descriptor is in /org/apache/catalina/core.
> >>
> >> For embeded - it should be loaded automatically from that package.
> >> If it is not - you can load it explicitely ( and please send me more
info
> >> on why it's not loaded ).
> >
> > I'm going to try to load it explicitely since automatic doesn't seem to
> > work.
>
> I would really apreciate if you help me debug this.
>
> Yes, loading it explicitely would solve it - but I see no reasons
automatic
> would fail. It does take the class name (
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext ) and looks up a resource named
> mbeans-descriptors.xml in the same package ( and then parents ).
>
> You may have a classloader problem - and it would be very good to fix this
> before modeler1.1 is released.

I'm using old embedded api not jmx embedded.  I don't think
ServerLifecycleListener and GlobalResourceLifecycleListener are getting
created.  This might be the problem.  I'd have to create these listeners to
support jmx in olde embedded, right?  Does Modeler automatically load in
this case as well?

> Modeler Registry.findDescriptor() is the class that loads the metadata, it
> is called by findManagedBean(). If you add a
>   new Throwable().printStackTrace() we can figure out if it is called,
> and maybe we can find out why it is not found.

Sure.  I can try this out and let you know.

Thanks,
Amy