tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@inet.hr>
Subject RE: RE: AOLserver/Tomcat
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:39:07 GMT

> From: AlexLeykek@cs.com
>
> The *.java files are not mandatory.
> I guess that transforms your question into "why are you building them
> with TC modules". It is a much desired feature, and rather than build
> another module, I decided to bundle Java with nsjk2 sources.
> Please let
> me know if a problem.

Ok, but then make sure that gets documented. Hope you guys are planning
to write some aol howto.

> My
> understanding (please correct if this is wrong), is
> RegisterNatives is
> an alternative to lazy registration by the JVM, but still
> would require
> a prior loadLibrary call.

No, you call register natives, after the JVM is loaded, but since those
*.java files are not mandatory, we don't need to change the
jk_jni_aprImpl.c, to register natives with those classes.
But still a good practice would be to make different things different,
not mixing core and optional stuff, but that's my point of view. So IMO
the TC connector should be only the TC connector, not an optional logger
or something like that.

We have a problem that the jni worker is the egoistic one, assuming it
is the only jvm app in the server, but that will eventually get fixed,
allowing existence of other java modules in the same process.

MT.